FP-STAR (Fine Particle Shortwave Thrombotic Agglomeration Reactor) is a patented disruptive innovation based on the premise of blood clotting, to treat wastewater. Our methodology is inspired by nature and uses physics to solve this problem, instead of chemistry, being used conventionally.
The solution is universal, as the same process removes sewage, industrial effluents and contamination from aquifers. The treatment, whilst uses no chemicals, is automated (requires very little manual intervention) and recovers water without loss, thus making it highly energy-efficient, affordable and easy-to-operate. Furthermore, the technology is very effective as it removes all kinds of industrial effluents including Arsenic, Nitrates, Fluorides and Heavy Metals. This break-through technology is a paradigm of Chemical-Zero (CZ) process, as it uses absolutely no chemicals during the entire treatment cycle.
In addition, FP-STAR offers Zero Liquid Discharge (ZLD) as a standard solution at no extra cost, without the use of evaporation or incineration. This greatly reduces the plant size; amount of energy used and is pollution free. The recovered water can either be discharged safely into the environment, re-used for processing or further filtered for drinking purposes.
The recovery system can be broadly classified into 2 stages:
Wastewater is stored in large reservoirs and bombarded with shortwave of required frequency over a pre-defined period of time. At this stage, the fine water particles (< 0.1 ?m), which are in continuous motion due to their negatively charged electrostatic nature, are stripped of their charges. The neutrally charged particles collide and agglomerate under the influence of van der Waals forces. This method can also clot materials that otherwise do not form precipitate such as heavy metals, sodium, potassium, non-flocculating or non-coagulating materials like Benzene, Toluene and other similar complex organic compounds.
The clots or coagulated particles can be easily removed using standard industrial filters. Multiple stages can be used to get the required level of filtration. The type and number of filters used can be customized as per end use requirement.
FP-STAR typically uses the following methods of filtration:
- Primary filtration method: Pressure Sand Filtration (Clot size > 200 microns)
- Secondary filtration method: Ultra Membrane Filtration (Clot size > 4 < 200microns)
- Odor Control: High porosity Activated Carbon Filte
Why FP-STAR ?
- A Chemical Zero (CZ) process
- Reduces COD and BOD by 96% +
- Agglomerates particles as small as 0.01 ?m to 1.5 mm in water which can be filtered through conventional aids
- Very short reaction time – clean water
- Extremely fast reaction time, processes water on line and clean water available for recycle immediately
- Arsenic, Nitrates, Heavy Metals and Fluoride reduction/removal
- Softening Solids as fast sedimentation Aid
- Limited space requirements
- Very effective in the removal of high and low turbidity
- Extremely effective in removal of Color, TOC, NOM and DBP precursors
- Works over a wide pH range
- Low cost compared to conventional methods of water treatment and recovery
- Makes heavier particles that settles faster and works better in cold water
- Produces higher sludge concentrations resulting in Lower sludge disposal costs
- Sludge contains nothing that is hazardous to the environment and is compatible and beneficial with many land application residuals programs and farming, depending on the source of original water